The one goal you need to have to start succeeding

What is the one thing that you can do right now that could change your life?

       

I was looking for the pot at the end of the rainbow but instead found all the gold the rainbow had to offer when I found the one thing that made my happy again

I have always struggled with setting goals. And I seldom achieved them.  

I would start out being excited and fired up, and then gradually I would lose interest and start being bored.
Then life told me to grow up by smacking me really hard.

It was a time that nothing in my life was working. I was broke, with no job and no prospects. I’ve lost my motivation and I wasn’t inspired about life. With the little fighting spirit that was still left inside of me, I looked at my life and searched for the one thing I could do to get out of the hole I was in.

I wanted it to be simple. You don't need complicated solutions when you are looking for a way out.


My one thing needed to have the following requirements:

  •  It must inspire me enough to get out of bed, and to just feel alive again. 

  • It needed to be simple but effective.

  • It had to be challenging and rewarding.
  • I and I alone must be held accountable to it.

  • It was important that it made me happy and woke me up to the possibilities life has to offer. 

  • It mustn't cost a cent

I just wanted to remember that life can beautiful again, and that I can achieve things again. I wanted to hope again. Plus, I was tired of feeling sorry for myself.

I did find that one thing. I discovered running. It was simple. All I had to do was to wake up before everyone else and hit the road.

Doing this one thing changed my life in countless ways:

  •  I became more disciplined and focused - I started completing everything I started and    realised the importance of discipline.

  • I developed a can-do attitude - Instead of complaining I started asking what can be done.

  • I no longer saw obstacles - Instead of focusing on problems I started looking for solutions

  • I became more resilient - I stopped being a quitter and no longer gave up when things became difficult

  • I became more positive and started dreaming again - Having a reason to get out of bed in the morning without anyone telling me to do so, but doing it for myself empowered me in ways I didn’t expect at all. I was happy again.


                                              

I lost the weight and the centimeters as a bonus. I did become happier and much calmer as well. Just by focusing one goal that really mattered I was rewarded with so much more.


All it takes is one thing to kick start so many other things in your life. It might seem completely unrelated to your dreams but it might put you in that space where you can start dreaming and believing again. And most importantly, start doing. It might be the one thing that is needed to ignite even the tiniest flame inside of you. Or it might be the reminder that you matter so much and you have a lot to offer.


What is that one thing for you?


Find it and then do it

It might be the key to unlock the first of many possibilities that life still has to offer.



Photo by fotografierende from Pexels

Photo by jonas mohamadi from Pexels

Comments